Commercial Grade Flagpole, Ground Sleeve Installation
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING FOUNDATION DIMENSIONS ARE FOR OPTIMUM SOIL CONDITIONS.
DIMENSIONS MAY HAVE TO BE INCREASED IN YOUR AREA.
CONSULT A LOCAL FOUNDATION ENGINEER FOR MORE INFORMATION.
|20' & 25'||3"||24"||30'|
|40' & 45'||4'6"||42"||48"|
|50' & 60'||5'6"||5'4"||60"|
IMPORTANT: PRIOR TO BEGINNING ANY EXCAVATION, VERIFY THE LOCATION
OF ALL BURIED UTILITIES, WATERLINES AND DOWNSPOUTS.
1. Use the foundation detail above to determine the required width and depth of your hole based on the exposed height of the flag pole being installed. Hole may be dug round or square.
2. Once excavated, locate the 1/2" x 12" long threaded rod, 3 hex nuts and 6" square plate in the carton with the foundation tube or the carton of flag pole accessories if the tube was shipped with flag pole. Screw threaded rod into the nut welded on the bottom plate of the foundation tube. Secure it in place using one of the hex nuts. Thread another nut onto the rod until it is 6" from the bottom of the foundation tubes bottom plate. Lower the 6" plate to rest on this nut. Thread remaining nut to the 6" plate. Secure the plate by tightening both nuts. Once complete the foundation tube should look like image below.
3. Place the foundation tube in the center of the hole and push lighting rod in the ground so that the 6" square plate rests on the floor of the hole. While holding the foundation tube on rough vertical, pour concrete around the foundation tube until you have covered approximately 2/3 of the tube. CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN TO SEE THAT NO CONCRETE IS ALLOWED TO ENTER THE FOUNDATION TUBE.
4. At this point, completely level the foundation tube vertically using the inside or outside wall of the tube. NEVER ATTEMPT TO LEVEL TUBE BY RESTING THE LEVEL HORIZONTALLY ACROSS THE TOP OF TUBE AS TUBE MAY NOT ALWAYS BE CUT STRAIGHT.
5. Form up the sides of the hole using 2 X 4's. Carefully finish pouring concrete until there is 1/2" to 1" of the tube exposed. Recheck level of foundation tube.
6. Trowel the surface as desired, allowing for some slight slope away from the foundation tube. DO NOT DISTURB THE LEVEL OF THE FOUNDATION TUBE.
7. Let concrete set for at least 72 hours before erecting flag pole.